Sunday, July 11, 2010

Riccardo Tisci ruined my day





Givenchy's autumn winter 2010/2011 couture collection by Riccardo Tisci. Need I say more?

Oh but I will.

Tumbling kilo grams of gold sequins, seventies flapper style fringing, chards of chantilly lace, feathers of the most exquisite kind and all this draped on the bodies of the eternally beautiful, falling to perfection on their tiny, elegant shoulders.

Just for one day I would like to be one of these models in one of these dresses. Is that too much to ask? Instead I spent my day at the Victoria Market, haggling to get $5 off a new straw trilby, ogling the array of cheeses on display and buying ricotta gnocchi from a lady who could barely be seen from underneath the hanging pasta that adorned her shop front window.

I thought this day was pretty much bliss until I saw these photos. Dam you Riccardo Tisci and your impossible haute couture perfection.

15 comments:

  1. i agree this collection s pretty mind blowing. i would not only like to model in that dress, i'd like to own the whole thing. wowow

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's simply amazing.

    http://annamargrete.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! If only I were tall enough for these beautiful looks (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing! I have no words, this is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't get over how stunning these are

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of these days when I start properly styling/photographing I may call on you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave me such a laugh! It's not too much to ask of the universe to allow me one day of splendor playing dress up with an haute couture trunk, is it? Dior? Chanel? Mabille? Uggh. I guess I just have to sew these things myself.
    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely stunning, you can just see the craftsmanship that went into these gorgeous creations. Love the first, especially!

    www.fashionjjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how they all have slight skeletal features, very dominating to the shape. beautiful
    xx
    www.mysterybruises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are just beyond beautiful! i love the lace- gorgeous


    Have you entered my giveaway ti win a See by Chloe purse? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://veinsthud.blogspot.com/

    Hey big thanks for the comment, i love your blog!!!! i'm shocked i even got a comment hahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this collection:D my compliments for your blog!
    damnsexynerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete