Tuesday, February 16, 2010

in summary

cushnie et ochs



rebecca taylor




thakoon






erin wasson x RVCA



elie tahari


preen



diane von furstenberg


helmut lang




BCBG MaxAzria



I don't often like to do posts on a city's Fashion Week. I feel that everybody else covers it oh-so well and that there is simply nothing more to say.


However....I just can't help myself this time around.


New York Fashion Week Fall 2010, you've got my heart.


In quick summary, it is once again all about black but with muted shades of grey and more neutral nude and beige tones. Ankle boots have yet to see their hey day and this year around they appear chunkier than ever (thank you shoe gods!). White tights are the new opaques and grey ribbed leggings shall be my new best friend. Also noted is an extreme amount of layering and draping. I am gladly celebrating the return of draping...nothing excites me more than draped dresses, skirts, jumpers, anything draped and oversize has well and truly got me hooked.

So there you have it. For a self confessed extreme winter-hater I sure am getting excited about the autumn that is fast approaching, so long as each of these pieces above are placed nicely in my wardrobe by summer's end....

No comments:

Post a Comment