Monday, July 20, 2009

Beam me up, Bulgari


I have just been to see the Bulgari exhibition at Rome's Palazzo delle Esposizioni. Extravagant jewels have never been my thing (I’m usually less bling more bangles)…until now. The exhibition is a journey through the ages of the House of Bulgari. On display are over 500 jewels and exquisite images of those movie stars and models who have been lucky enough to wear a Serpenti cuff or a diamond and emerald encrusted brooch in their lifetime.

Then there is the room dedicated entirely to the truly breathtaking pieces, which have adorned Ms Elizabeth Taylor through the years (all of which are on loan from the lady herself). I now understand why Tim Burton was once quoted as saying "The only word Elizabeth knows in Italian is Bulgari". Add the word "Vorrei" in front of Bulgari and I believe you have yourself all the Italian a girl will ever need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment